Welcome to the website for Carolingia's 40th Anniversary Event, which will be held April 30, 2011 at the German Club in Walpole, MA! We plan to make this a wonderful event to celebrate forty years of life in the SCA in all its variety. We hope to see you there!
To truly celebrate our history, it would be great to have many of the people who helped create this history at the event. To that end, we encourage everyone who plans to attend to reach out to at least two friends who are no longer active participants in the Barony, and encourage them to come back out for one day.
As the event is just a few days away, a couple of quick updates and reminders:
1) The weather looks like it's going to be great - sunny and in the 60s. This means that many of the activities are going to be taking place outdoors. Plan on that in your dress. I was on site today, and the fields were a bit wet, so you may not want to wear your best shoes if you are going to be fighting, fencing, shooting, or throwing,
2) When you arrive on site, you will be directed to a parking space. We're expecting a large turnout, so please park courteously - we need to fit everyone in. If you are fighting or fencing, tell the parking staff and you will be directed to a space near the field so you can more easily load and unload your gear.
3) Gate will be set up in a tent near the parking lot. Please check in there before proceeding to the rest of the event. We will also have several tents set up as changing rooms, as the site's bathrooms are too small to use for this purpose.
4) The feast has sold out (and then some). We were able to accommodate everyone who pre-registered thanks to the willingness of the cooks to expand the number of on-board seats. We will start a waiting list at gate in case some people don't show up and spaces become available. Unfortunately due to the expansion of the onboard number and a change in the way the site is willing to set up the feast hall, there will be little, if any, off-board space available in the feast hall. Sorry.
5) Due to the site being on a septic system, they have asked us not to wash dishes on-site. We will have trash barrels in the feast hall for you to scrape your feast gear. Plan to bring your dirty dishes home to wash. No feast gear should be washed in any of the sinks on site, including the bathrooms and kitchen.
6) The dayboard is included in everyone's site fee, regardless of whether you are on-board for the feast. Paper plates and plastic silverware will be available for your convenience. Please be sure to dispose of these in the trash barrels that will be available around the site.
7) There will be a cash bar set up throughout the day, with proceeds going to support the German Club where the event is being held. Please support our hosts and drink some beer. Note that no other alcohol may be brought on site.
8) If you pre-registered by mail, you should have received a confirmation e-mail. If you print this and bring it with you to gate, you will get through the line faster. If you haven't received this message, check your spam folder, and if it isn't there, contact Lady Isabel to confirm that you are on the list. For those who pre-registerd via the online system, we will not be sending out confirmations.
9) If you have pre-registered and are not going to be able to attend the event for some reason, please let us know so we can free up your feast space for someone else. No refunds will be issued unless we know in advance that you aren't attending.
10) We will need some volunteers to help us clean up outdoors following the end of Court, and to assist in cleaning the kitchen and feast hall following the feast. Your help is much appreciated.